The AICTE Pragati Scholarship has been launched by MHRD Ministry for girl students. The aim Pragati Scholarship 2023 to help women students who are pursuing technical education. Through these efforts, the government wants to provide opportunities to women and prepare them for a successful future. Students who are already beneficiaries can apply for renewal of student scholarship. Through this scholarship scheme, the skills and confidence of the girl students are being strengthened, and through this the students are being encouraged.
The AICTE Pragati Scholarship is implemented by the Indian Council of Technical Education. To improve the technical education, 5,000 scholarships are distributed to meritorious girl students every year under Pragati Scholarship. Those students who are suffering from financial crisis, and are unable to earn money for your education, can apply. Scholarship schemes are implemented to improve technical education and to encourage girls, as well as to promote girl education through this, which also improves literacy levels.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship Scheme 2023 – Comprehensive Details
The All-India Council for Technical Education implemented the AICTE Pragati Scholarship for the girl students who are pursuing Technical Education. It can be considered an important step in the direction of betterment girl’s future in India. Under this scholarship the government distributes total 4000 scholarships every year. An amount of Rs.30,000 is given to the selected students with an additional Rs.2000 Contingency grant for 10 months each year.
The objective of implementing the Pragati Scholarship by the Indian Council of Technical Education is to help women students who are pursuing technical education. What are the benefits that a student can get through the AICTE Pragati Scholarship? What conditions have to be fulfilled to be eligible for this? What is the application process to apply for this? What documents will you need? You will get answers to all your questions in this article.
Pragati Scholarship Scheme – Highlights
|Scholarship Name||AICTE Pragati Scholarship|
|Launched By||All India Council for Technical Education, Government of India|
|Objective||Providing scholarship to the students|
AICTE Pragati Scholarship – Last Dates
|Scholarship announcement date||24th August 2020|
|Scholarship closing date||31st January 2021|
|Last date for defect verification||10th February 2021|
|Last date for Institute verification||10th February 2021|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
Pragati Scholarship – Reservation
- A reservation of 27% to OBC candidates, 15% to SC candidate and 7.5% to ST candidate will be offered by AICTE.
- The candidates belonging to any of these three categories will have to provide their caste certificate while submitting the application form.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
The candidate who are willing to apply for this scholarship must be studying at AICTE recognized college or institute. A list of eligibility criteria is given below:
- The candidate should be in the first year of degree or diploma programme from an AICTE recognized college or institute. The candidate must have enrolled in that college/institute through centralised admission process of central/state government.
- Only two girls from a family can apply for this scholarship.
- The family annual income of the candidate should not be more than Rs.8 Lakhs from all sources.
- If the girl is married then the income of the in-laws/parents is considered, whichever is higher.
Pragati Scholarship – Documents Required
The eligible candidates who wish to apply for this scholarship should keep these documents ready before filling the application form. You can refer to the list of documents given below to know about the documents you will require.
- Aadhar card
- Passport size photo of candidate
- Class 10th and 12th mark-sheet
- Signature of the candidate
- Copy of caste certificate (attested), if the candidate belongs to ST,SC and OBC
- A receipt of current year paid tuition fee
- Annual Family Income certificate of previous year in prescribed format by Tehsildar or any other competent authority.
- Admission letter issued by the Centralised Admission Authority to first year Degree/Diploma programme.
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/HOD
- Bank account passbook of the student shoeing account number, candidate’s name, IFSC code, and photo stamped by the Manager of the bank
- A singed declaration by the parents according to the prescribed format stating that information provided by the student is correct and if any information is found to be wrong the scholarship amount will be refunded.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship – Application Process
To keep the application process simple for the students the application is done online through AICTE portal. You can follow these easy steps given bellow to apply for Pragati Scholarship 2021.
- First of all, the applicant needs visit the online AICTE portal. The homepage of the website will open on your screen.
- On the homepage, you have to register yourself by making a new profile.
- Once you register yourself, you will receive a link on your registered email id. Click on that link to complete your registration process.
- Then, the candidate has to log on to AICTE portal using your registered email Id/Password to fill the application form.
- The candidate is required to provide personal details, college & institute details, family & income details, education details and bank details in the form.
- The candidate is required to upload a scanned copy of all the supporting documents and then submit the application.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship – Rewards
Under the AICTE Pragati Scholarship total 4000 scholarships are provided to the girl students. Among these 4000 scholarships 2000 scholarships are given to the degree students and rest 2000 are given to the diploma students. You can refer to the list given below to know more about the rewards provided.
- The selected candidates will be provided Rs.30,000 for the tuition fee or the actual tuition fee whichever is less.
- The selected candidates will also be provided additional Rs.2000 every month for 10 months as a Contingency grant.
- If the students are offered tuition fee waiver or fee reimbursement, the scholarship amount of Rs.30,000 is settled in form of following activities:
- Purchase of desktop
- Purchase of books
- Purchase of laptop & software
- Purchase of equipment
- Purchase of vehicles
- Paid fee for competitive exams application form/exam fee for all exams of higher education/employment.
Pragati Scholarship – Important Instructions for Students
- The candidates who have enrolled in first year degree/diploma courses in the current academic year can apply for this scheme.
- The students who have taken admission through management quota are not eligible.
- The candidate must upload her scanned copy of passport size photo and signature in jpg/.pdf/.png format. The photo should not be more than 200 KB in size and the signature should not be more than 50 KB in size.
- The candidate should have her personal general savings account in bank. Joint/FIRLL/Minor account cannot be used.
- The scholarship amount is directly transferred to the candidate’s account through Direct Bank Transfer (DBT).
- The scholarship can be transferred to another in case of non-availability of eligible candidate in any degree/diploma course.
We hope that you find all the information presented through AICTE Pragati Scholarship helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.
What is AICTE Pragati Scholarship?
Ans1. It is a scholarship programme started by All India Council for Technical Education for the meritorious girl students who come from economically weaker background.
How is Pragati Scholarship distributed among students?
Ans2. The scholarship amount is directly transferred in the accounts of the candidates through Direct Bank Transfer (DBT).
How to apply for the Pragati Scholarship?
Ans3. The candidate can visit the online AICTE portal and follow the easy steps mentioned above in the article.