Central Sector Scholarship Scheme, initiated by the Department of Higher Education of MHRD (Ministry of Education) is a centrally-funded merit-cum-means scholarship. Central Sector Scholarship 2023 is for bright students who belong to economically disadvantaged families. The main aim of this scheme is to financially support students of economically underprivileged families. Central Sector Scholarship scheme is disbursed among college/university students. Every year and a total of 82,000 graduate/postgraduate students enjoy the benefit of this scholarship.
This scholarship has been offered by the Higher Education Department of MHRD, for college and university students. The awards are distributed to 82,000 graduates / PG students every year through the Central Sector Scholarship, in which the students get up to Rs 20,000 per year. Through this scholarship, students can complete their day-to-day expenses while doing their higher studies. You are given complete information for this scholarship.
Central Sector Scholarship 2023 – Comprehensive Details
The Central Sector Scholarship is given equally to boys and girls, i.e., 41,000 of the total number of scholarships are reserved for boys and the other 41,000 are for girl candidates. After selection, the students receive an annual scholarship amount of up to INR 20,000 so that they could cover their day-to-day expenses with the help of this scholarship amount. Through this article, you will get the information related to it, and for this you can check your eligibility, and follow the procedure for the application.
Through this article, we will provide you complete information related to Central Sector Scholarship Program. In this article, we will talk about this scholarship and its features, under which what are the eligibility criteria for this Scholarship? What benefits can a student achieve through this? What is the selection process for this? Regarding which you will be given a step-by-step procedure, which will help you to apply easily, and you will get all the answers to your questions in the article below.
Central Sector Scholarship – Highlights
|Name of the scholarship||Central Sector Scholarship|
|Provided by||Department of Higher Education|
|Name of the Department||MHRD|
|Scholarship Level||National Level|
|Application process||Application through official NSP|
Central Sector Scholarship – Last Date
This Central Sector Scholarship is usually declared in the month of July every year and its deadline usually fall in the last week of October. The application period varies from year to year and is subject to change at the discretion of the scholarship provider. The table below gives important dates for this Scholarship.
|Scholarship announcement date||15 July 2021|
|Scholarship closing date||31-January-2021|
|Last date for defective verification||15 November 2021|
|Last date for institute verification||15 November 2021|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
Central Sector Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants before filling up the application form of the Central Sector Scholarship need to check the eligibility criteria. The applicants must make sure that they are above the 80th percentile of successful students in the relevant stream in class 12 board exam.
- The candidate needs to be in the top 20th percentile merit list of class 12 result of concerned boards (SEB/CBSE/ICSE).
- The candidates applying for Central Sector Scholarship must be pursuing regular courses of graduation/postgraduation/professional studies from colleges/universities recognized by AICTE, UGC, MCI, DCI or other regulatory bodies.
- Note that those candidates who belong to reserved categories of SC, ST, OBC and PWD will get a reservation of 15%, 7.5%, 27% and 5%, respectively.
- The annual family income of the candidates must not be more than INR 8 Lakh and would be applicable from current the Academic Session. Also, Income certificate would be required for the fresh applicants only.
- The applicants availing any other scholarship benefits cannot apply for this Scholarship.
- Remember that students who are pursuing Diploma courses cannot apply for this Scholarship.
- While applying for this Central Sector Scholarship, the applicants must make sure that they are above the 80th percentile of successful students in the relevant stream in class 12 board exam. Know more about the eligibility criteria required to apply for the scholarship.
Central Sector Scholarship – Documents Required
Before applying for Central Sector Scholarship, candidates should have some important documents available with them. Which documents are required to be uploaded by the candidates while filling the application form:
- Bank passbook issued in the name of the applicant for filling the bank details
- Aadhaar Card Number (If Aadhaar is not yet assigned, options like Aadhaar enrolment ID slip, Voter ID card, driving license, PAN, passport, etc. can be used).
- Income certificate of the candidate issued by the competent authority
- Candidate’s caste certificate, if applicable
- Disability certificate of the candidate, if applicable
- Candidate’s class 12 score sheet
Central Sector Scholarship – Application Procedure
After fulfilling all the eligibility criteria, you can proceed further by filling your application form to enjoy the benefits of Central Sector Scholarship. Read below the complete steps to processing for filling the application form.
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP), where the homepage of the website will open in front of you in the menu.
- On the homepage of the website, you must register yourself as a new user, if you are applying for the first time.
- Now, enter all the required information and click on the “Register” option to get registered. Your application ID and password is generated on the registered mobile number.
- You need to log in to NSP by using the newly generated ID and password. After that, an OTP will be sent on the registered mobile number using which you need to change your password.
- Once the password is changed, you are directed to Applicant’s Dashboard Page, where you need to click on the “Application form” option to start with the application process.
- In the next step, you need to enter all the necessary information such as registration details, basic details, academic details, contact details and scheme details.
- After this, you have to upload all the necessary documents in support of identity and academic eligibility.
- Now, you can save the filled-in application form as a draft so that you can recheck every information once again to make sure they are correct.
- At last, you have to submit the completed scholarship application form by clicking on “Submit” button.
Note – The online scholarship application forms, submitted by the candidates are verified at two levels – one at institute level where the candidate is pursuing his/her studies and the other at education board level through which the candidate qualified his/her class 12 exam.
Central Sector Scholarship – Renewal
The beneficiaries can enjoy the benefit of this Central Sector Scholarship for a maximum period of 5 years including both graduation and postgraduation period. The applicants must be pursuing graduation and post-graduation in the same stream. In addition to this, the applicants must fulfil the prescribed eligibility criteria in order to get the scholarship renewed.
- The students must have qualified previous exam with at least 50% or more marks.
- The attendance of the students must be at least 75%.
- The candidates must not be involved in any sort of ragging activities.
- The candidates can apply on NSP portal for renewal of this Central Sector Scholarship.
Central Sector Scholarship – Rewards
Under Central Sector Scholarship, a total of 82,000 scholarships are awarded every year, out of which 50% of the scholarship is reserved for girl candidates and the remaining 50% is reserved for boy candidates. All these scholarships are given to the State Education Boards based on population of 18-25 years age group in the respective state, after segregating the share of CBSE and ICSE.
In addition, the scholarship allocated to the state boards of education is divided in the ratio of 3: 2: 1 between pass-outs of science, commerce and arts respectively. The scholarship amount is disbursed to the selected candidates directly into their account through Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT) mode. Read below to know in detail about rewards given under this Scholarship scheme.
|Sr. No.||Level of Study||Scholarship Amount|
|1.||Graduation||The annual scholarship amount of INR 10,000 for the first three years of graduation. In the case of a 5-year integrated course (professional studies), INR 20,000 per year, students are given during the 4th and 5th year of study. If the students are pursuing technical courses such as B.Tech, B.Engg, the scholarship is given up to graduation level.|
|2.||Post-graduation||An amount of INR 20,000 is provided to students studying at post-graduation level.|
Contact us –
For any queries or assistance related to the Central Zone Scholarship, please contact the address or phone number below.
- Address – National Scholarship Division, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, West Block 1, Second Floor, Wing 6, Room No. 6, RK Puram, Sector 1, New Delhi 110066.
- Telephone Number – 011-26172917, 26172491, 26165238
We hope that you find all the information presented through Central Sector Scholarship helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.
Is there a renewal opportunity for Central Sector Scholarship?
Yes, you can apply for renewal by visiting the NSP portal.
Who is sponsoring the Central Sector Scholarship?
Department of Higher Education of MHRD is sponsoring this Scholarship.
What is the eligibility for the Central Sector Scholarship?
- Candidates who are above 80% in 12th class
- Pursuing regular UG/ PG course
- Family annual income not exceeding Rs.8 Lakh