The INSPIRE Scholarship has been launched by the Department of Innovation, Science and Technology, Government of India, for the Department of Science and Technology (INSPIRE) to search for young talent in the field of science and research. The most salient feature of INSPIRE Scholarship 2022 program is that no competitive examination is conducted to identify sharp and innovative minds. It considers the current education and examination process credible to bring out the most intelligent and intelligent minds.
Students who are unable to bear the expenses of their education, and their financial condition is poor. INSPIRE Scholarship has been implemented by the Government of India for the welfare of all those youth and their better future. The main objective of this scholarship is to expand the activities of creative pursuit of science to the youth and draw talent for the art of science. For this, we are providing you more information through this article. For this application, you should read all the steps carefully which will give you the simplicity for the application.
INSPIRE Scholarship 2022 – Comprehensive Details
The INSPIRE Scholarship is an distinct step taken by the Government of India in order to discover brilliant young minds and train them to be the building block of a more scientific and productive community. This objective of this scheme is to find young talent and then create a pool of human resources for expanding the limits of Science and Technology system and R&D base. The total expense of this scheme is Rs.1979.25 crores and the government is thinking of expanding the budget to Rs.2200 crores.
Through this article, we will provide you complete information related to INSPIRE Scholarship Program. In this article, we will talk about this scholarship and its features. What are the eligibility criteria for INSPIRE Scholarship? What are the benefits a student can render through it? What is the selection procedure for it? You will find all the answers to your questions in the article given below.
INSPIRE Scholarship – Highlights
|Scholarship Name||INSPIRE Scholarship|
|Launched By||Department of Science and Technology, Government of India|
|Objective||To provide scholarship to students.|
|Official Website||www.online inspire gov.in|
Also Read –
- Medhavi National Scholarship 2021
- KSCSTE Post Doctoral Fellowship 2021
- Shamanur Shivashankarappa Scholarship 2021
INSPIRE Scholarship – Last Date
|Start Date of Online application||1st November 2020|
|Closing Date of Online application||30th April 2021|
|Release date of the list of shortlisted students||April/May|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
INSPIRE Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who want to apply for this scholarship need to fulfil certain eligibility conditions. This scholarship is provided to the students pursuing studies in Science and Technology research fields. You can refer to the list given below to know about minimum percentage required, family annual income, courses you should be pursuing etc. to apply for INSPIRE Scholarship.
- The candidate must fall under the age group of 17-22 years.
- The candidate must have passed class 12th and belong to the top 1% successful students of his/her class in terms of aggregate.
- The candidate must have taken admission in B.Sc., BS, Integrated M.Sc., MS in Natural and Basic Science in the same year of passing 12th standard.
- The students who belong to the first 10000 rankers of Joint Entrance Examination of IIT, top 20000 rankers of AIEEE and those who cleared AIPMT and enrolled in Natural and Basic Science programme are eligible.
- The students who have already taken admission in National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Science (DAE-CBS) at the University of Mumbai enrolling in B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree in Natural and Basic Science are also eligible.
- The students who have scholars of Jagdish Bose National Science Talent Research (JBNSTR), KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna), National Talent search Examination (NTSE) and Olympiad Medallists who have enrolled in B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree in Natural and Basic Science are also eligible.
INSPIRE Scholarship – Documents Required
The students who are interested in applying for this scholarship are advised to keep a scanned copy of each required documents saved on their devices before filling the application form. The absence of any of these documents may lead to the rejection of the form. The documents you will need is given below in table –
|S.No.||Name of Documents||Type and size of file|
|1||Class 10th Mark-sheet or certificate (as a Birth of Date proof)||PDF format and in size not more than 1 MB.|
|2||Class 12th Mark-sheet||PDF format and in size not more than 1 MB.|
|3||Passport size photo of the candidate||JPEG format and in size not more than 50 KB.|
|4||Caste/Community certificate if the candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC category||PDF format and in size not more than 1 MB.|
|5||Candidate’s SBI bank passbook 1st page||PDF format and in size not more than 1 MB.|
|6||Central/State provided eligibility note (if provided)||PDF format and in size not more than 1 MB.|
|7||Endorsement Form signed by the Director of the Institute/Principal of the College/Registrar of the University||PDF format and in size not more than 1 MB.|
|8||Certificate specifying rank/award in NEET/JEE (Mains)/JEE(Advance)/JBNSTS/NTSE/KVPY/International Olympiad Medalists (if the candidate is eligible under this criterion)||PDF format and in size not more than 1 MB.|
INSPIRE Scholarship – Complete List of Subjects
The subjects mentioned in the table below come under the scope of INSPIRE Scholarship:
|Sr. No.||Name of the Subjects|
INSPIRE Scholarship – Application Procedure
The students who fulfil the eligibility criteria and want to apply for INSPIRE Scholarship can follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of INSPIRE Scholarship, Where the homepage of the website will open on your screen in front of you.
- On the homepage, you have click on the “New User? Register here” option to register yourself.
- You have to enter your name, date of birth, gender, email, password, eligibility criteria, and verification code.
- Once you register yourself, you will receive a User Id and password on their registered email Id. You have to click on the activation link in the email to activate your account.
- Now, login your account using the user Id and password sent to you.
- After logging in the application form will open there, enter details like your personal information, contact details, nation level competitive exam details, senior secondary performance information, B.Sc. and Integrated M.Sc. enrolment information etc.
- In the next step, you have to upload all the required documents in application form.
- Before the final submission you have to carefully review all the details you have entered by click on the “Print Preview” option. You must make sure that all the information and documents that you have provided are authentic and correct.
- Finally, click on the “Submit” tab to complete the process of application.
- Once you have successfully submitted your application form you must take a printout of it for the future references.
INSPIRE Scholarship – Selection Procedure
All the scholarship applications sent to the authorities are selected on the basis of the eligibility criteria. The students are shortlisted only if they fulfil all the conditions. A detailed description of the shortlisting is given below:
- A list of all the shortlisted students is put up on the official website of INSPIRE Scholarship and on the website of INSPIRE Programme.
- The students who are shortlisted need to visit the INSPIRE Scholarship portal and download their provisional letter.
- The shortlisted students need to visit their web portal and upload all the mandatory documents under the given time limit for further consideration.
- The students are selected will receive the scholarship amount directly in their SBI accounts through Direct Bank Transfer (DBT).
INSPIRE Scholarship – Rewards
Under the INSPIRE Scholarship, the selected students are given many benefits along with financial assistance to encourage them to pursue research in Science and Technology fields. The candidates who are selected begin their summer projects in a verified research centre of India under an active researcher. You can refer to the list given below to find out about the rewards a student receives under this scholarship.
- The selected candidates will receive a grant of Rs.80000 per year. The amount is divided in an annual scholarship of Rs.60000 and a summertime attachment fee of Rs.20000.
- The annual scholarship is further divided into monthly payments of Rs.5000.
- Only the candidates who attend the summer research program are given summertime attachment fee of Rs.20000.
- A total 12000 INSPIRE Scholarships are distributed among the students.
- The candidates are provided with the scholarship only until the end of the course or for maximum 5 years.
INSPIRE Scholarship – Last Year Cut Off
The cut-off is the minimum marks required to get selected in an exam. To get selected for INSPIRE Scholarship a student needs to secure same or more marks than the cut-off limit. The candidates can check the INSPIRE Scholarship list to see if they are selected. You can check the last year’s cut-off below:
INSPIRE Scholarship – Result
The students can check the results of INSPIRE Scholarship through online mode. You can login to the official portal with your username and password to access the results. On the official website you will find both selection list and rejection list. The selection list will have the names, IVF number and father’s name of the students who are selected for the scholarship. The rejection list will have the reason of rejection mentioned.
INSPIRE Scholarship – Renewal
The selected candidates who wish to continue their scholarship in succeeding years have to fulfil certain criteria are given below –
- The candidates who wish to apply for renewal of this scholarship need to secure minimum 60% or 7.0 GPA on a 10.0 scale in their final exams each year.
- Those candidates who are not able to achieve minimum marks required in B.Sc./BS/Int. M.Sc./INT. MS exam will not receive the scholarship that year. But, if the candidate achieves satisfactory results his/her scholarship will be renewed.
INSPIRE Scholarship – About
The first law of building a better operating and scientific community is to pull out the individuals with bright minds and train them to be better. In India a model is made to bring out these extraordinary brains for research and innovations in Basic and Natural Science. The Department of Science and Technology started a program called Innovation in Science Pursuits for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) to discover young and new talent with innovative ideas in the field of science.
Through this program government provides resources to the students with intellect, envisioning a strong future of the country. A list of scholarships give under INSPIRE Scholarship is presented below.
Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent (SEATS)
The aim of this scholarship is to grab attention of young and innovative minds between the ages 10-15. This scholarship is provides Rs.5000 to total 1 Million students of classes 6th to 10th. Around 50000 science students of class 11th are provided summer camps with global leaders of science field so; the students can connect to and put their interest in science and technology at a young age.
Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)
This program offers scholarships and mentorship to the skilled youth for higher education in Intensive-science programs. Under this scholarship total 10000 skilled youth between the ages of 17-22 are given a grant of Rs.80000 per year and offering B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Basic and Natural Science. This scheme provides mentorship assistance to each of the selected students.
Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC)
This scholarship aims to attract and nourish young human resources to increase the R&D foundation and base. This is divided into two sub-parts; in the first part 1000 scholarships are awarded to the students between the ages 22-27 for pursuing a doctoral degree in both Basic and Applied Science including engineering and medical. In the second part 1000 fellowships are granted to the individuals between the ages of 27-32 for pursuing a post-doctoral research in both Basic and Applied science through a contractual and tenure of 5 years.
INSPIRE Scholarship – Terms & Conditions
A list of important rules and regulations is given below. The candidate applying for the INSPIRE scholarship must in keep in mind these terms and conditions while applying.
- The candidates applying for this scholarship must submit a completed application form as the incomplete form will be rejected.
- This scholarship is provided to the students for maximum 5 years, starting from B.Sc./BS first year, Integrated M.Sc./MS or until the course is completed.
- The students availing benefits under this scholarship must have a regular bank account of their own name in State Bank of India only. Joint or any other account will not be accepted.
- Subjects such as Agriculture, Seed Technology, Medicine, Psychology, Engineering, Physical Education, Military Science, Defence Studies, Geography, Home Science, Biotechnology, Anthropology, Bio-informatics, Economics, Education (including B.Sc.-B.Ed. dual degree), Information Technology, Computer Science, Instrumentation, Computer Applications, courses in Education mode from open universities or any other professional courses will not be considered eligible.
- The selected candidates will have to submit their mark-sheet of B.Sc., BS, Integrated M.Sc., MS courses and year-wise performance report (singed by the Head of Institute) to renew to their scholarship. The Head of the Institute means Dean/Registrar/Vice-Chancellor of science if it’s a university and Principal/Vice-Principal/Office in-charge/Proctor if it’s a college.
- The Head of the Institute will mention clearly in the performance report of the candidate if the scholarship should be continued or discontinued for that academic year.
- The first instalment (Rs.60000) of the scholarship is only released after the approval of mark-sheet of first year B.Sc./BS, Integrated M.Sc./MS and performance report only. If the performance of the student is adequate then the 2nd and 3rd instalment (Rs.1.2 Lakh) will be released during second year of B.Sc./BS, Integrated M.Sc./MS.
- The students who are availing benefits of some other scheme are not eligible.
Contact Us –
If you want any kind of information regarding this scholarship, you can contact on the email given below –
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that you find all the information presented through INSPIRE Scholarship helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.
What is the application procedure for applying for INSPIRE Scholarship?
The students can visit the official portal of INSPIRE Scholarship and then follow the steps mentioned above in the article.
What is the minimum qualification required to apply for INSPIRE Scholarship?
The student must have passed 12th standard and must be pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s in Basic and Natural Science.
How is the INSPIRE Scholarship distributed among students every year?
A total 10,000 scholarships of amount 80,000 is distributed every year.
Which students are selected under INSPIRE Scholarship?
The students of class 12th who made it to the top 1% successful students of his/her class in terms of aggregate.