Jnanabhumi Portal is a dedicated online portal of the Andhra Pradesh Government which is used to implement various scholarships that are offered by different subsidiary departments of the Andhra Government. Through this portal, the government offers various pre-matric and post-matric scholarships for the needy and worthy students. The students belonging to the ST/SC/OBC/EBC/Kapu/Brahmin/Minority community can apply for these scholarships.
The government aims to improve the status of education among the people of the state. In this article, we will talk about the features of the Jnanabhumi Portal and schemes offered through it. What are the eligibility criteria to apply for these scholarships? What is the application procedure that a student needs to follow? How can students check the status of their application? You will find all the details in the article given below.
Jnanabhumi – Comprehensive Details
The Government of Andhra Pradesh launched the Gyan Bhoomi portal so that the schemes and scholarships announced are accessible to a large number of people. Every year, the government provides a scholarship of Rs 5,000 crore to about 17 lakh students of the state. Through this portal, various other organizations, NGOs, foundations etc. also provide scholarships up to Rs 1500 crore every year.
All these steps have been taken in the hope of improving the education situation. With the help of these scholarships, students belonging to poor families can come forward and create a bright future for themselves. All those students can improve their status, which is from the poor section, as well as improve their higher education. This will also help in improving the education star of the country.
Jnanabhumi – Highlights
|Scholarship Name||Jnanabhumi Scholarship|
|Launched By||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Objective||To provide pre-matric and post-matric scholarships|
Jnanabhumi Portal – Benefits
The Jnanabhumi Portal was launched to bring transparency in the whole process of scholarship. It is a student-centric portal that demands accountability from the administration. It took various reforming ideas and continuous struggle to change the system and process to the implementation of scholarships.
Currently, there are 15 different government departments that offer various pre-matriculation and post-matriculation scholarships. These departments include the BC Welfare Department, Social Welfare Department, Tribal Welfare Department, Minority Welfare Department, etc. Efforts are made for this scholarship by all these departments.
The mains objectives of this portal are as follows:
- To ensure students receive their scholarships timely and with transparency.
- Creating equal and fair education opportunities for all.
- Creating a single platform for disbursement of all scholarships
- Minimizing the processing and release time of scholarships
Jnanabhumi – Complete List
The Jnanabhumi portal implements as well as distributes the scholarships among the selected candidates. The Andhra Government mainly announces scholarships for the pre-matric and post-matric students who can’t afford education. These scholarships are open for the ST, SC, BC, EBC, Kapu, Brahmins, Minorities, Differently-abled category student. The table given below contains all the important information about the different scholarships, application deadline and name of the providers.
|Scholarship Name||Provider Detail||Application Deadline*|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/BC/Minorities/Kapu/EBC/Differently Abled Students, Andhra Pradesh||Government of Andhra Pradesh||NA|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/BC/Disabled Students, Andhra Pradesh||Government of Andhra Pradesh||NA|
|YSR Vidyonnathi Scheme||Government of Andhra Pradesh||NA|
|Ambedkar Overseas Vidyanidhi Scheme||Government of Andhra Pradesh||NA|
Jnanabhumi Pre-Matric Scholarship – Details
Under this scheme the students studying in classes 5th to 10th are eligible. The aim of this scholarship is to encourage students to complete their basic education and minimise the number of drop-outs at the elementary level. The students belonging to ST/SC/OBC/Disabled category are eligible under this scholarship.
The government wishes to offer financial aids to those students who face lot of financial suffrage. Through this scheme the overall participation of the students will increase at the pre-matric level. The students who are domiciles of the Andhra Pradesh state are eligible for this scholarship.
Jnanabhumi Pre-Matric Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
The students who are domiciles of the Andhra Pradesh state are eligible for this scholarship. The students need to fulfil the following eligibility conditions to receive the benefits offered under this scheme:
- The applicants must belong to ST/SC/BC/Disabled category to be eligible.
- The applicants belonging to the ST/SC community must be pursuing classes 5th to 10th.
- The applicants belonging to the BC community must be pursuing classes 9th and 10th.
- The family annual income of the candidates should be less than or equals to Rs.2 Lakhs from all sources.
- The students must be pursuing education from a school funded by government or government-aided, local bodies like Zilla Parishad, Municipalities, Mandal.
Jnanabhumi Post Matric Scholarship – Details
This scholarship is awarded to students of the state of Andhra Pradesh. Students who are doing post-matriculation or post-secondary education are eligible under this scholarship. The purpose of this scholarship is to promote higher education among socially and economically backward communities.
Students belonging to ST / SC / OBC / Minority / Kapu / Different categories are eligible under this scheme. Financial assistance is provided to the students under this scheme. Through this scholarship, all weaker sections can improve their standard of education and can get higher education.
Jnanabhumi Post Matric Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must belong to ST/SC/OBC/Kapu/Minorities/Differently-abled category.
- The applicant must be pursuing post-matric or post-secondary education (e.g., 11th to Ph.D.) from a recognized college or school.
- The family annual income of the candidates belonging to the ST/SC/Differently-abled category should be less than Rs.2 Lakhs from all sources.
- The family annual income of the candidates belonging to the OBC/Kapu/EBC category should be less than Rs.1 Lakh from all sources.
- The family annual income of the candidates belonging to the Minority category should be less than Rs.1.5 Lakhs (for rural) and Rs.2 Lakhs (for Urban) from all sources.
Ambedkar Overseas Vidyanidhi Scheme – Details
This scholarship is offered to the students who are permanent residents of the Andhra Pradesh state. This scholarship is open for the students belonging to the ST/SC/OBC/EBC/Kapu/Brahmin/Minority community. The students willing to pursue higher education from universities abroad are provided suitable financial assistance under this scheme. The students receive benefits ranging between 10 to 15 Lakhs so they can pursue their education. The family annual income of the candidate should be less than Rs.6 Lakhs.
YSR Vidyonnati Scheme – Details
This scholarship is offered to the students belonging to the ST/SC/OBC/EBC/Kapu/Brahmin/Minority community of the Andhra Pradesh state. Under this scheme, the students who wish to prepare for the civil services exams are provided scholarships. This scholarship covers the coaching fees and other expenses that a student needs during preparation. The interested students can apply online through the Jnanabhumi Portal. Every year approximately 65,000 YSR Vidyonnati Scheme scholarships are distributed among the students.
Jnanabhumi Scholarship – Documents Required
The students must submit the following documents while applying for the scholarship for their choice. The students must keep in mind to submit all the required documents absence of any document will lead to rejection of the form. The students are also advised to refrain from multiple applications which will also lead to rejection of form. if at any moment the authority finds that the students have provided false proof or information the scholarship will be suspended immediately.
- Aadhaar number
- Income/Ration card of the student
- Caste certificate
- Latest photograph of the Applicant
- SSC exam number of the student
- Bank account details of the student
Jnanabhumi Scholarship – Statistics
In this section, we will discuss the statistics related to the Jnanabhumi Portal. The table given below contains all the information like the number of registrations done, the number of applications verified, the number of fresh scholarships and number of renewal scholarships. All the details regarding the scholarships are given below.
|Total number of registrations||3,29,959|
|Total number of applications verified||2,85,765|
|Total number of applications sanctioned||2,74,389|
|Total number of applications rejected||5,709|
|Total bills prepared||2,03,332|
|Total number of fresh scholarships sanctioned||4,79,375|
|Total number of renewal scholarships sanctioned||7,57,705|
|Total scholarships sanctioned||12,37,080|
Jnanabhumi Pre-Matric scholarship – Application Procedure
Students who are willing to apply for this scholarship can apply both online and offline. Students who meet the eligibility criteria can apply through either the Gyan Bhoomi portal or the Principal of the school. The application link on the digital portal becomes active as soon as the scholarship for the academic year is announced.
After reading all the papers carefully and after saving the documents, the students have to fill the form and attach all the necessary documents as per the instructions. Applications are forwarded to the concerned Hostel Welfare Officer (WHO), who then verifies all the information and finally, the District Welfare Officer announces the results.
Jnanabhumi Post Matric scholarship – Application Procedure
- First of all, the student needs to visit the official website of Jnanabhumi. The homepage of the website will open on your screen.
- On the homepage, select the academic year and state in which you are studying.
- Now, click on all the fields mentioned in the pre-requirements section.
- Click on the “Proceed” button. Enter your Aadhar card number and then, proceed further.
- A new application form will open on your screen. Fill in all the personal details and academic details and then, attach all the required documents.
- Next, enter all the scholarship details and click on the “Save” tab.
- A preview of the complete for will appear on your screen. Download those forms and take a print out for future references.
- Sign the hardcopy of the form and get it signed by the Head of Department (HOD).
- Now, login into your account and upload a scanned copy for that form in the portal, and click on “Submit”.
Jnanabhumi- Application Status
- First of all, the student needs to visit the official website of Jnanabhumi. The homepage of the portal will open on your screen.
- On the homepage, click on the “Login” option.
- Now, enter your username, password, and CAPTCHA code in the given space.
- Click on the “Application Status” option.
- The information regarding your application status will appear on your screen.
Contact Us –
If you have any further queries regarding these scholarships then, contact the helpline given below:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 08645-274025 (toll-free), 08645-274029 (PMU)
We hope that you find all the information presented through Jnanabhumi helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.
What is Jnanabhumi Portal?
It is a digital portal started by the Andhra Pradesh government dedicated to the schemes and scholarships announced by them. It looks after the implementation, distribution, and transparency of the scholarship process.
Who can apply for scholarships offered by Jnanabhumi?
The students of Andhra Pradesh who belong to ST, SC, BC, EBC, Kapu, Brahmins, Minorities, Differently-abled category can apply for this scholarship. The student must be pursuing the pre-matric or post-matric level of education.
How can a student apply for Pre-matric scholarship?
The students can apply through both offline and online mode. If he/she is applying through online mode then, they can visit the official Jnanabhumi portal and if he/she wish to apply offline then they can do it through the Principal of the school.