NMMS Scholarship offered by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of India for the students who come from economically weak households. Under NMMS Scholarship 2022 the meritorious students of classes 9th to 12th are provided financial assistance so, they can carry on their education without having any second thoughts about affordability. The students are provided with a single time financial assistance worth Rs.12000 for an academic year.
The full name of the NMMS Scholarship is National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship, which is sponsored by the Central Government. This scholarship has been implemented by the Ministry of Human Resource Development to provide financial assistance to the meritorious students of economically weaker sections. The NMMS Scholarship gives 12000 scholarships every year to the students, so that all of them will be able to continue their secondary education. About 100,000 scholarships annually.
NMMS Scholarship 2022 – Comprehensive Details
The National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship is a step taken by the Central Government of India to reduce the number of dropouts that take place in our country after the 8th standard. The poor section of the society is unable to afford the education of their children so, they drop out after their elementary education and go in search of jobs to support their family. To encourage these students to carry on their studies NMMS has proven to be an effective step.
Every year the government offers 1,00,000 scholarships to the needy and meritorious students of our country. In this scholarship we will talk about the NMMS Scholarship and its various features. What is the objective of this scholarship? What are the benefits that are provided to students? What are the eligibility requirements that a student must satisfy? You will find answers to all your questions in the article given below.
NMMS Scholarship – Highlights
|Scholarship Name||NMMS Scholarship|
|Launched By||Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of India|
|Objective||Provide scholarship to the pre-matric and post-matric students|
NMMS Scholarship – Objective
The National Means-cum Merit scholarship was started in 2008, with an objective minimize the number of dropouts that take place after 8th standard mainly due to lack of money. Through this scholarship the government aims to encourage students to complete their secondary education. The students of classes 9th to 12th have to give state level selection test of two level to receive the benefits offered under NMMS.
NMMS Scholarship – Last Dates
|Events||Tentative NMMS Dates|
|NMMS Scholarship Application Dates||October/November 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||First and second December 2020|
|NMMS Scholarship 2020 Exam Dates||December 13, 2020 for most of the states|
|NMMS Result Date||January to March 2021|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
NMMS Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Students can apply for scholarship application after fulfil certain eligibility criteria. Some of the main characters are given below –
- All those students who are studying in class 9th and have secured 55% marks in class 8th are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The same student can apply for this scholarship who is getting an education from government / government-aided / local body school.
- Students who have 60% marks in the 10th standard will also be eligible for the scholarship in higher secondary school.
- Students who have secured 55% or its equivalent in the first attempt in class 11 (5% relaxation for ST / SC), are eligible for the scholarship in class 12th.
- The family income of the student applying for this scholarship should be less than 1.5 lakh.
- Students studying in Sainik School, KVS, NVS, and private schools are not eligible for this scholarship.
NMMS Scholarship – Application Procedure
The students must satisfy all the eligibility conditions to be able to apply for this scholarship. the application can be done through the online mode by simply visiting the National Scholarship Portal. The interested students can follow the steps given below to complete their application.
- First of all, the student must visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal. The homepage of the portal will open on your screen.
- The students then, need to register themselves if they are new students.
- The students are advised to scan all the required documents and keep them saved on their device before they start the application process.
- The candidate needs to provide information like qualification details, personal details, bank account details, Aadhar card, school enrolment number etc., in their application form.
- Once you register yourself on the NSP, the system will generate an application ID. This ID must be used by the applicant as their “Login ID” and for future reference.
- The student who are currently pursuing classes 9th and 10th should apply under the pre-matric scholarship category and students who are pursuing classes 11th and 12th should apply under post-matric scholarship category.
- Student must be careful while filling details like mobile number, identification, name, Date of Birth etc., in the application form.
- The student must upload all the required documents and save the details.
- Verify the all the details you have entered in the form and then submit your application form.
NMMS Scholarship – State Wise Official Website
|NMMS West Bengal||scholarships.wbsed.gov.in|
|NMMS Andhra Pradesh||main.bseap.org|
|NMMS Jammu & Kashmir||schedujammu.nic.in|
|NMMS Jammu and Kashmir||jkbose.jk.gov.in|
|NMMS Madhya Pradesh||mponline.gov.in|
|NMMS Daman & Diu||daman.nic.in|
|NMMS Uttar Pradesh||examregulatoryauthorityup.in|
|NMMS Himachal Pradesh||himachalservices.nic.in/scert/en-IN/nmms.html|
NMMS Scholarship – Exam Pattern
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||This section contains 90 multiple-choice questions which tests student’s reasoning, logic and critical thinking.|
The questions may be based on analogy, numerical series, classification, hidden figures, pattern perception, etc.
|Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||This section also consists of 90 multiple-choice questions.|
This test covers mathematics, science and social studies as per the syllabus taught in class 7th and 8th.
NMMS Scholarship – Syllabus
- The questions in exam are mainly from 8th standard. So, the student must covert the NCERT syllabus of the 8th standard. They must focus on mathematics, social science, science subjects to score well in exam.
- The question paper may also include questions from 7th standard.
- The students must practice reasoning question for the MAT test.
- Students can refer to any available book of reasoning for the practice purpose.
NMMS Scholarship – Books
- The students must focus on Science, Mathematics and Social Science NCERT books of Class 8th.
- Students must also study from books of class 7th to prepare well for the exam.
- The students can also refer to the question papers and model test papers of the previous year to prepare well.
NMMS Scholarship – Selection Procedure
The NNMS is offered by the Central government of India but the selection of students and distribution of scholarship is done by authorities of respective state and UTs. The applicants need to pass the mental ability and scholarship aptitude exams in order to get selected for this scholarship. The guidelines of this exam are already decided by the NCERT. The students are given maximum of 90 minutes to complete all the questions. All the details about this state-level exam are given below.
- This state level exam consists of following tests.
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholarship Aptitude Test (SAT)
- There are 90 questions in each test.
- The students will be given 90 minutes for completing the exam. The children with any disability will be given extra time.
- The students must have secured minimum 55% marks in their 7th standard for appearing in the selection test (5% relaxation for ST/SC students).
NMMS Scholarship – Declaration of Results
The students who appear for the test are then selected by on the basis of marks they secure. The state will declare the list of students who scored minimum 40% marks in the aggregate result of both MAT and SAT exam. The following conditions are considered while selecting the final students for this scholarship.
- The students must secure minimum 40% marks in both MAT and SAT tests. The students belonging to ST and SC category are given 5% relaxation. The reserved category students need to secure minim 32% marks in both the exams.
- The applicant must have secured minimum 55% marks in the qualifying exam of 8th standard. The students belonging to ST and SC category are given 5% relaxation.
- The students who satisfy all the conditions of NNMS in the best way possible will be selected under this scheme.
NMMS Scholarship – Rewards
The Government of India offers a total of 1,00,000 scholarships per year through National Means-cum Merit Scholarship. The students are provided a single time financial assistance of Rs.12000 for an academic year. The amount is directly transferred into the account of the candidate. It is preferred that the student has his/her account in the State Bank of India. The scholarship amount is transferred through the Public Financial Management System (PFMS). The scholarships allocated to different states and UTs by the centre is done on the basis of number of students enrolled in 7th and 8th standard.
- The students pursuing their 9th standard are given one-time scholarship amount of Rs.12000 for an academic year.
- The scholarship is renewed at the start of every new academic year till the student completes his/her 12th standard on one condition that the student clear their previous exam in 1st attempt.
We hope that you find all the information presented through NMMS Scholarship helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.