NSP Renewal is a process through students who received benefits under the many scholarship listed on the National Scholarship Portal. This scholarship portal provides renew it for further years of study for students. The process for NSP Renewal 2022 applications is largely similar to that for fresh applications. Students are required to simply complete the renewal status specified in the respective scholarship guidelines.
Every year, the Government of India declares around 80 scholarships for all students across the country to support their studies at both pre-matriculation and post-matriculation levels so they don’t lose the opportunity to exceed their life. More than 110 lakh students apply for these scholarships, some of which are new applicants, while others are renewal applicants. What procedure should be followed for NSP renewal? What kind of scholarships are available? What are the important things to remember to renew your scholarship? Further reading provides detailed answers to all these questions.
NSP Renewal 2022 – Comprehensive Details
Government of India invites many students to apply for fresh scholarships and scholarship renewals through the National Scholarship Portal so that they take benefits at various levels of education. Whether you are studying at the school level or college level, you can get a scholarship for your educational needs on the portal. These scholarships are for supporting students coming from different sections of society, including scheduled castes, tribes, other backward classes, and minority communities.
Before know about the title NSP renewal process, it is important to have a clear understanding of the National Scholarship Portal. Who has introduced this portal and what intentions they have is defined in this article? Why has it been started? Who can get benefits through this portal? What is the application deadline for and NSP renewal applications? Students are requested to read all the information carefully and get the maximum benefit of NSP Renewal.
NSP Renewal – Highlights
|Scholarship Name||NSP Renewal|
|Launched By||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India|
|Objective||Central Schemes, UGC/AICTE Schemes, and State Schemes|
NSP Renewal – Last Date
|Start Date of Application||2020-21|
|Last Date of Application||July/August to October/November (tentative)|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
NSP Renewal – Renewal Procedure
Excursions Already Said, the NSP renewal process is just similar to that of fresh applications. For the new year 2020-21, renewal applications begin just after the announcement of new applications. Follow the steps below to apply for renewal for students who meet the renewal terms for the scholarship.
- First, you have to go on the official website of the National Scholarship Portal.
- Where on the home page, you see Under the “Login” button, a drop-down list that displays “Fresh” and the “Renewal” option will appear for later academic years.
- Select the “Renewal” option for those who wish to apply for the academic year.
- A login page will open in front of you. To successfully enter, enter the application ID (same as last year’s registration ID), password and captcha.
- After successful admission, (as specified) proceed to the renewal application by entering all the required details.
- Now, Upload all the supporting documents.
- At last, submit your application.
NSP Renewal – Remember Points
Moving towards the NSP upgrade process, you should keep in mind the following important points –
- Make sure you maintain your application ID (of the renewed application) with you as it will be required at the time of renewal.
- If you forget your application ID, have you forgotten the ID on the login page? You can retrieve it using the ‘button. To get the application ID, you have to enter the bank account number entered at the time of registration.
- In case you forget the password of your previous year’s registration, you can retrieve it by using the ‘Recover Password?’ button on the login page.
- Also, if you want to update the already registered mobile number, you can update the mobile number on the login page. You can do this by using the button. Please note, you will only be allowed to update your mobile number once.
- You have to provide some details to update your mobile number. If you update your mobile number one time, you cannot change it again.
- Students who are eligible for renewal are not required to apply under the fresh category as it will not lead to duplication of applications, which will be rejected.
- In addition, if a student wishes to apply for a new scholarship, they will have to withdraw their renewal application to avoid rejection.
- The scholarship is being disbursed for which your course has been completed, you cannot apply for your renewal.
We hope that you find all the information presented through NSP Renewal helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.
What is the last date to apply for NSP renewal?
The deadline is both in applying for fresh and in renewal itself. For the academic year 2020-21, the last date for application for centrally-funded pre-matriculation plans was 31 December 2020. For centrally funded post-matriculation, merit-cum-means, and top-class scholarships, the last date was 20 January 2021. Centrally funded post-matriculation, merit-cum-means, and top-level scholarships, the deadline was 20th January 2021, for other scholarships, the deadline falls in the months of January, February and March. Also, for other scholarships, the deadline falls in the months of January, February, and March. It is advisable for students to check and confirm the deadline on the official website before proceeding to NSP renewal.
What is the procedure to renew my NSP scholarship?
The NSP Renewal process is similar to new applications. Students have to log in to the portal using their registered application ID and password and proceed with the renewal application. To get a step-by-step description of the NSP upgrade, see the ‘Step-wise upgrade applications’ section above.
I have already received a scholarship through NSP. Should I apply afresh to get it again for later years?
If you are applying for the same scholarship that you received earlier, you should apply for a fresh one instead of a ‘renewal application’. However, if your course of study has completed and you want to apply for another scholarship, you can apply as a fresh candidate. In both cases, you cannot submit duplicate applications for any scholarship as it may lead to rejection.