The application for Prathibha Scholarship Program is invited by The Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE). Prathibha Scholarship 2022 is for the students of Kerala state, students who are native of Kerala state and are financially weak, all of them can apply for it. This scholarship is under the SPEED (Student Program for Excellence Experimental Design) scheme. This scholarship is mainly for undergraduate and postgraduate. KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Programme divided into two categories. One is the KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship -A and the other is the KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship -B.
Prathibha Scholarship-A is awarded to those students who have completed Class 12 examinations and are pursuing degree courses in Basic and Natural Sciences. While the Prathibha Scholarship -B is awarded to those students who have already received this scholarship in their degree course and are currently pursuing a post-graduate course in Basic Science. This scholarship is awarded for 4th and 5th years of M.Sc. programs and Integrated M.Sc. programs. Through this article, all kinds of information are being given. What are the documents, necessary eligibility and application procedure for this scholarship?
Prathibha Scholarship 2022 – Comprehensive Details
The Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of S&T, Kerala and was constituted in November 2002 to be an agency for change and development through Science and Technology. Earlier it was the Science, Technology and Environment Committee (STEC), established in 1972 in concurrence with the Science Policy of Government of India.
The main aim of this scheme is to increase the literacy rate of Kerala by providing financial aid to students to pursue an education in Basic/ Natural Science in Institutions/ Universities in India. Students can submit the application form online through the Prathibha Scholarship web portal. Necessary documents, necessary eligibility and application procedure for this scholarship have been described.
Prathibha Scholarship – Highlights
|Scholarship Name||Prathibha Scholarship|
|Provided by||The Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment|
|Name of the scheme||Student Programme for Excellence Experimental Design(SPEED)|
|Scholarship for||Undergraduates and Postgraduates|
Prathibha Scholarship – Last Date
Following are the important dates which students must keep in mind before filling up the application form of KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Programme.
|Application starting Date||01 January 2021|
|Application last date||15 February 2021|
Prathibha Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants before filling up the application form of Prathibha Scholarship 2021 need to check the eligibility criteria. After fulfilling all the eligibility criteria, students can proceed further.
- Kerala root is required for the candidate to apply for this scholarship.
- Must have passed Higher Secondary Board Examination (12th) in CISCE / CBSE / State Board from any board, Kerala.
- The candidate must have scored 95% or equivalent grade (for all subjects) and minimum 95% aggregate marks or equivalent grade (for all science subjects) in the Higher Secondary Board Examination.
- Also, the candidate should have B.Sc. Access must also be secured for. / Integrated M.Sc. Course in Basic or Natural Sciences in any of the Indian colleges or universities.
- Reservation: Minimum eligibility is prescribed in the SC/ST reservation category, which is a minimum of 90% for each subject or equivalent grade and a minimum of 90% for each science subject in Higher Secondary Board Examination (12th). Or equivalent grade.).
Prathibha Scholarship – Documents
Before filling up the application of Prathibha Scholarship, candidates must keep following important documents available to them to make their application process fast.
- Applicant’s Data Sheet signed by the student and endorsed by “Head of Institution” where they are pursuing their degree.
- Self-attested Copy of Mark list of Higher Secondary Board Examination (12th)
- SC/ST applicants will need Community Certificate.
- proof certificate of ‘Place of Origin’ [Applicant must be of Kerala origin]
- Puly signed i.e. “Terms & Conditions”
- E-payment form is also needed in the prescribed format
Prathibha Scholarship – Application Procedure
After fulfilling all the eligibility criteria, you can proceed further by filling your application form to enjoy the benefits of the Prathibha Scholarship. Read below to know the complete step by step process of filling up the application form.
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of KERELA STATE COUNCIL FOR SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT. After this, the homepage of the website will open in front of you in the menu.
- On the homepage of the website, you must click on the link “APPLICATIONS INVITED FOR SCHOLARSHIP” IN “WHAT’S NEW” SECTION.
- Once you click on the link, a detailed notification of Prathibha Scholarship will appear on the screen.
- Candidates are advised to read all the information carefully, before filling up the application form.
- Now for new users, click on ‘Registration” option to register yourself for this scholarship.
- After pressing the above link, a new page will open. Proceed further by clicking on the “New registration” option present on the left side of the window.
- After successfully registering yourself, a data sheet will be generated. Applicants need this Data Sheet to be endorsed by the Head of the Institution where they are pursuing their Degree course.
- Finally, the system generated Data sheet along with all the documents need to be submitted within the specific time at the below mentioned address
(The application form with all the documents should be inside in an envelope and the envelope should be superscribed with “APPLICATION FOR PRATHIBHA SCHOLARSHIP 2021, KSCSTE”)
- The Director
- Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment (KSCSTE)
- Sastra Bhavan, Pattom P.O.
- Thiruvananthapuram- 695 004
Prathibha Scholarship 2021 – Selection Criteria
For Prathibha Scholarship a total of 100 scholarships are rewarded every year out of which, 10% are reserved for SC/ST candidates and 50% are reserved for female candidates. The provisional rank list of selected candidates will be published in KSCSTE website usually in the month of November/December each year.
Remember the scholars under this scheme of the scholarship will not be permitted to receive any other scholarship during the tenure of receipt of the Prathibha Scholarship. The selection of students and the allotment of ranks is done based on aggregate marks obtained in Higher Secondary Board Examination(12th) in all Science subjects.
Prathibha Scholarship – Rewards
A total of 100 students enjoy the benefit of the Prathibha Scholarship. 10% of this scholarship is reserved for SC/ST students while as 50% is reserved for female candidates. Read below table to see the scholarship amount disbursed to students.
B.Sc. Degree course/ First 3 years of Integrated M.Sc. Course
M.Sc. Degree Course /4th and 5th Years of Integrated M.Sc. Degree Course
Prathibha Scholarship – Application Renewal Procedure
Those candidates who wish to apply for renewal of Prathibha Scholarship must fulfil the following criteria:
- Under Prathibha Scholarships, Candidates are selected during the 1st year of their U.G. course based on the score they obtained in Science Subjects in the Higher Secondary Examination(12th).
- Only those students are eligible to apply for the continuation of the scholarship for P.G. course, who have already availed Prathibha Scholarship during all three years of their U.G. course.
- Remember those students who are currently availing Prathibha Scholarship must not accept or hold any other scholarship for the same course of study.
- Student who wish to apply for Renewal of scholarship for IInd & IIIrd year of U.G. course & IInd year P.G. course must haves obtained min 60% mark during the previous academic year.
- Renewal of scholarship for Ist year P.G. course is strictly based on qualifying the U.G. course with at least 75% marks in aggregate (In case of integrated Courses the student must have scored at least 75% marks during the first 3 years).
- Note that no break-in study should be taken by the candidates during the entire 5-year period of availing the scholarship.
Subjects for Higher Studies is given below:
1. Astronomy 2. Astrophysics 3. Atmospheric Sciences 4. Biochemistry 5. Biotechnology 6. Botany 7. Chemistry 8. Computer Science 9. Electronics 10. Food & Nutrition 11. Geochemistry 12. Geology 13. Geophysics 14. Mathematics 15. Microbiology 16. Ocean Sciences 17. Photonics 18. Physics 19. Plant Science 20. Statistics 21. Zoology
Contact Us –
For any query feel free to contact at the below mentioned address:
- The Head Women Scientist Division (WSD), Kerela state Council for Science, Technology and Environment, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 4
- E-mail – wsd.kscste(at)kerela.gov.in, pskscste(at)gmail.com
- Tel number – +91- 471- 2548208
- Fax – 0471 2540085,2534605