Various schemes are started by the Government of India to encourage the students involved in research projects for their upliftment. Recently the Haryana State Council of Science, Innovation and Technology (HSCST) has also started HSCST Fellowship 2022, which is a scholarship program. Under this scholarship program, financial assistance will be provided to the students pursuing Ph.D. Today, through this article, we will share with you all the necessary information related to the HSCST Fellowship Programme like:- Purpose, Benefits, Features, Eligibility Criteria, Documents Required, Application Process etc. If you are also interested to get all the important information related to this program, then stay with our article till the end.
HSCST Fellowship Programme – Comprehensive Details
The HSCST Fellowship has been started by the State Government of Haryana, which is managed under the supervision of Haryana State Council for Science, Innovation and Technology. It is a scholarship program through which financial assistance will be provided to meritorious students for research training under the special guidance of scientists or faculty members working in State University Departments, National Laboratories and Institutes. Under this program, financial assistance will be provided to such meritorious students for pursuing PhD who have secured minimum 55% marks in MSc or equivalent degree. Through this program, the beneficiary students will be provided an opportunity to get financial assistance of Rs 35,000 in the form of scholarship and a contingency fund of Rs 20,000.
HSCST Fellowship Programme – Overview
|Programme Name||HSCST Fellowship Programme|
|Launched By||Haryana State Council for Science Innovation and Technology|
|Beneficiaries||Fellows who have earned a postgraduate degree|
|Application Procedure||Online Mode|
|Objective||Providing financial assistance to students for pursuing PhD|
|Benefits||A Contingency Grant as well as a Fellowship|
|Category||Haryana Government Schemes|
|Official Website||Antyodaya-Saral Portal (saralharyana.gov.in)|
HSCST Fellowship Programme – Objectives
The main objective of HSCST Junior Research Fellowship 2022 is to provide scholarship for PhD research to the meritorious students of Haryana state. Through this program of the state government, fellowships and contingency grants will be provided to the beneficiary students, with the help of which they will be able to complete their research without any financial problems. The meritorious students under this scholarship program will be selected through NET conducted by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). Along with this, the validity of the awards received is only for 1 year, which can be availed by the beneficiary student every year for a maximum of 5 years. Such students of Haryana state who want to apply under this scholarship program can easily apply through online mode.
HSCST Fellowship Programme – Benefits
- HSCST Junior Research Fellowship has been started by the Haryana State Council for Science Innovation and Technology, Government of Haryana.
- It is a scholarship program, under which financial assistance is provided to the beneficiary students.
- Under this program, scholarships are provided to the meritorious students of the state for pursuing PhD.
- An amount of Rs 35,000 will be provided to the beneficiary students as a scholarship, with the help of which they will be able to complete their research without any hassle.
- Through this fellowship, students will also have the opportunity to receive a contingency fund of Rs 20,000 each year.
- Beneficiary students can get the benefit of this fellowship and contingency fund for a maximum period of 5 years.
- On passing out of JRF-NET (CSIR/UGC) by the beneficiary students, they will be awarded a fellowship at par with CSIR/UGC.
- Under this scholarship program, the candidates who have passed LS-NET will be awarded a fellowship equivalent to the current CSIR/UGC.
- Through this program Rs.18,000 per month for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and Rs.21,000 per month for Senior Research Fellow (SRF) is provided to the candidates who have passed LS-NET.
HSCST Fellowship Programme – Eligibility Criteria
- It will be mandatory for the applicant students to be a permanent resident of Haryana State to get the benefits of the HSCST Fellowship Program.
- Interested candidates must have secured minimum 55% marks in M.Sc. or equivalent degree in any science discipline including Life Sciences, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematical Sciences and Engineering Sciences.
- Applicants must have passed JRF-NET (CSIR/UGC) and LS-NET in the recent Combined CSIR-UGC Test for JRF and LS (NET).
- Along with this, students who get the benefit of other fellowship from any other source will not be considered eligible for this fellowship.
- The age of general category students under this program should not be more than 28 years for JRF.
- A relaxation of 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ ST, Women, Physically Handicapped and OBC candidates for JRF
- Aadhar Card
- 10th Class certificate as evidence of age
- NET certificate
- Caste certificate
- Certificate of completion of the M.Sc. programme
- In the case of physically challenged people, proof is required.
The last date to apply under HSCST Junior Research Fellowship is 30 June 2022.
HSCST Fellowship Programme – Application Procedure
To apply under the HSCST Fellowship Program 2022, the following guidelines have to be followed:-
- First of all you have to visit the official website of HSCSIT. Now the home page of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option “New User or Register Here“. Now you have to complete your registration by entering the details of all the necessary information asked to set up the login ID and password.
- You will then be provided with a verification code by Saral Haryana on your email or registered mobile number. Now you have to login by entering login details.
- Now an application form will be displayed in front of you. In this application form, you have to enter the details of all the required information asked.
- After that you have to upload all the required documents. Now you have to submit the e-form, after which you will get a simple ID number for future use.
- After the submission of the online application form, you will have to take a printout of your application form and keep it safe for future reference.