ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship is an initiative started by the International Centre for Theoretical Sciences for the students pursuing post-doctoral research. By ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship 2022 the students are provided with financial assistance for a duration of two years to complete their research in the field of basic science and mathematics. The selected scholars are also provided with some other benefits like housing facility, medical facilities and travel support. The aim of this scholarship is to encourage scholars to choose research as a profession after finishing their PhD.
The ICTS Post Doctoral Fellowship is a commendable step in contributing to the development of excellence in basic sciences through the program, one of its major objectives being that it distributes awards to students for making education excellent. In this article, we will discuss about this Fellowship. Through this article, all the information is being made available to you. Those who have to read carefully and process further for the application. The answers to all your questions are given below in this article.
ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship 2022 – Comprehensive Details
The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (ICTS-TIFR), Bangalore conducts a post-doctoral scholarship examination. ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship was setup in the year 2007, as a fresh initiative taken for the betterment of Indian Science. The aim of this institute is to contribute in the field of basic science by programs. The institute organises various programs in theoretical science and mathematics.
Through this article, we will provide you complete information related to ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship. In this article, we will talk about this Fellowship and its features. What are the eligibility criteria for this Fellowship? What are the benefits a student can render through it? What is the selection procedure for it? You will find all the answers to your questions in the article given below.
ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship – Highlights
|Scholarship Name||ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship|
|Launched By||International Centre for Theoretical Sciences|
|Objective||To provide scholarship to students.|
ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship – Last Date
|Starting Date of Application||–|
|Last Date of Application||31 December 2020|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship – Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who want to apply for this scholarship need to fulfil certain eligibility conditions.
- The scholars with PhD in mathematics, theoretical physics, theoretical physical chemistry, astronomy, theoretical physical biology and related fields are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The students who have submitted their PhD thesis are also eligible.
ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship – Documents Required
The students who are interested in applying for the scholarships are advised to keep a copy of each required documents saved on their devices before filling the application form.
- Cover letter
- Research proposal
- List of publications
ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship – Application Procedure
The scholars can apply for this scholarship online and the application must include a cover letter, list of publications (with the reprints of two most important publications), curriculum vitae, and three reference letters to the student. Also research statement describing past research and plans for future research.
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship, where the homepage of the website will open on the screen in front of you.
- On the home page, you have to click on the “APPLY ONLINE” option.
- Now the application form will open in front of you, in which you have to fill all the related details.
- After this, you have to upload all the necessary documents in this form.
- At the end, you have to click on the “Submit” button, and by doing this form you have to keep a print for future reference.
Duration and Benefits
What are some of the benefits that the student will get through this fellowship? And what will be its time period? All this information is being given to you below. The student should read all these carefully.
- The scholarship amount will be provided to selected candidates for a duration of two years. It will be renewed for the third year in exceptional cases after academic review.
- The selected scholars are eligible for ICTS accommodation, on/off campus or compensation for Housing Rent Allowances (HRA).
- They will be eligible for medical benefits also.
- The students are provided high computing facilities science journals and in-house library.
- Financial support for travel activities for international meetings is also provided.
- The students will also get an opportunity to teach the graduates at ICTS.
What are the research areas under the fellowship for the student? All those areas are being given to you below in detail, the student should keep in mind by reading all these.
- Complex systems – Statistical physics, Non-linear dynamics and Data assimilation, Condensed matter physics, Fluid dynamics and turbulence, Physical biology;
- Space – time physics: string theory and quantum field theory, astrophysics relativity etc.
- Mathematics – Mathematical Physics, Dynamical Systems, Differential Geometry, Monsoon Dynamics, Data Asymmetry, Analysis of partial differential equations and applications are also provided by it.
- Other areas under active consideration are cosmetology, multiscale, and complex systems, including theoretical biology, interfaces with computer science, and computational science subjects with strong interfaces to other research areas in ICTS.
- Place – International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (ICTS-TIFR), Bengaluru, India.
ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship – Rewards
You can refer to the list given below to find out about the rewards a student receives under this Fellowship.
Fellowship (per month)
Regular postdoctoral fellows
PhD + 1 year
PhD + 2 years
Terms and conditions
A list of important rules and regulations is given below. The candidate applying for this Fellowship must in keep in mind these terms and conditions while applying.
- In case of any kind of vacancy, the application can be made after the application, whose nominal starting date is 1 October 2020 is negotiable.
- Those students who want to apply for this, all of them have to arrange at least two recommendation letters for this post.
We hope that you find all the information presented through ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.
What is the main aim of ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship?
The aim of this scholarship is to encourage scholars to choose research as a profession after finishing their PhD. The selected scholars are also provided with some other benefits like housing facility, medical facilities and travel support.
What are the documents required for this Fellowship?
Some Documents are given below –
- Cover letter
- Research proposal
- List of publications
What is the full form of the ICTS?
Full form of the ICTS is “International Centre for Theoretical Sciences”.