Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship Program initiated by United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) invites online applications for Indian Citizens. The Fellowships under Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship 2022 are awarded to meritorious students who exhibit outstanding performance in academics and wish to pursue a Master’s degree or research in selected programs such as Economics, Education, Administration, etc. To apply for this fellowship, the student must demonstrate a highly motivated character with excellent leadership ability. Through this fellowship, there is a program to preserve India’s heritage and to offer master’s degrees in the fields of art and culture management, including museum studies, which are offered through American colleges and universities.
This fellowship is primarily meant for those students who wish to pursue their master’s degree program at select U.S. colleges and universities. Application for the scholarship can be submitted online till May 15, 2020. These fellowships are for highly motivated individuals who demonstrate leadership qualities. Through this article, we will provide you with relevant information about this fellowship, you should carefully read the article and proceed the process for the application. There are many topics under it like; Economics; Environmental Science / Studies; Higher Education Administration; Public administration; public health; Urban and Regional Planning; And Women’s Studies / Gender Studies International Affairs; International Legal Studies; Journalism and Mass Communication; Etc.
Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship 2022 – Comprehensive Details
The Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship is designed for outstanding Indians to pursue a master’s degree program at select U.S. colleges and universities in the areas of Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies; Economics; Environmental Science/Studies; Higher Education Administration; International Affairs; International Legal Studies; Public Administration; Public Health; Urban and Regional Planning; and Women’s Studies/Gender Studies. Through this, the leadership qualities of the person are displayed, and they are appreciated.
Candidates opting for a Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship need to be highly motivated individuals who demonstrate their leadership qualities, candidates must have completed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a US bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years Must have professional work experience, and be committed to returning and contributing to their communities. The fellowships are for one to two years. Students who have completed at least three years of professional experience and equivalent to an American bachelor’s degree, as well as those who are banned for their contribution by returning to communities, are all eligible.
USIEF Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship – Highlights
|Name of the scholarship||USIEF Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship|
|Scholarship Type||Merit-Based, Need-Based|
|Organization||United States- India Educational Foundation (USIEF)|
|Application Deadline||17th May 2021|
|No. of Scholarships||N/A|
|Study time period||1 to 2 years|
|International Students Eligible||Yes|
Also Read –
Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship – Last Date
Following are the important key dates which students must keep in mind before filling up the application form of USIEF Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship.
|Application due date for 2021-2022 awards||17th May 2021|
|Field-specific experts review applications to short-list candidates||End-June 2020|
|USIEF informs the applicants about the review outcome Late||July 2020|
|National interviews of short-listed candidates in Delhi||Mid-August 2020|
|USIEF notifies principal and alternate nominees that they are recommended||End-August 2020|
|USIEF notifies finalists||March-April 2021|
|Pre-departure Orientation in India||May 2021|
|Pre-academic training in the U.S. (if required)||July-August 2021|
|Degree program begins||August-September 2021|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
USIEF Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who are willing to fill the form of USIEF Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship need to check the following eligibility criteria. Before proceeding to fill up the registration form, make sure to check the required eligibility criteria given below. Read below to know the eligibility related to age, academic qualification etc
- The candidate must be residing in India at the time of application. No application will be accepted from Indians residing, working, or studying outside India.
- The candidate must have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% score.
- Candidate must either possess a four-year bachelor’s degree; or a completed master’s degree, or a full-time postgraduate diploma from a recognized Indian institution if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration.
- The candidate must demonstrate proficiency in the English language to undertake the proposed project/program and adjust to life in the U.S. The candidate may be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- It is mandatory for the candidate to demonstrate his or her experience in leadership and community service.
- The candidate must not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program.
- Candidates should fulfil the General Prerequisites related to their course.
- Work Experience: Applicant must have at least three years of full-time professional work experience related to his or her proposed field of study at the time of application.
- Interview: If the applicant is shortlisted for the interview, he / she should appear for interview at the USIEF office in New Delhi.
Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship – Eligible Fields of Study
- Candidates who fill up the application form of USIEF Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship are eligible in any one of the following fields to pursue their study:
- Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies
- Environmental Science/Studies
- Higher Education Administration
- International Affairs
- International Legal Studies
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Women’s Studies/Gender Studies
- Note: The individual program may have a different structure and curriculum depending upon the academic host institution due to subspecialties, course offerings, and academic requirements.
USIEF Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship – Documents Required
To apply under USIEF Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship, a candidate must have the following required documents. Applicants should go through the instruction form and keep the documents ready in advance, this will help them to submit the form easily.
- Cadmic transcripts (scanned) from previous institutions
- Accompanied by certified English translations.
- Statement of purpose
- Updated Resume
- English Language Proficiency
- Minimum 3 Letters of recommendations
- Professional and academic references for PG
- A copy of passport
Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship – Application Procedure
After checking your eligibility criteria, you can proceed by filling your application form. You can apply under your scholarship through online system. Applicants should go through the instruction form and make sure to keep the documents available in advance, through it will help the applicants to submit the form easily. To apply under Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship 2022, you have to follow the steps given below-
- First of all, you have to go to the official website. After this, the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the home page of the website, you will need to create an account to start the application.
- After this you have to read and review the instructions carefully.
- Now after reading the instructions carefully, you have to upload all the necessary information in the application form and upload the documents.
- Finally submit the form after uploading all the documents.
- The request for application material should include the applicant’s educational and professional qualifications, date of birth, current status and grade of grant and a 7-to-10-inch stamped envelope. A request for application materials should be sent to USEFI offices in the applicant’s area or alternatively can be downloaded from the website.
Note: Please review the entire application before submission. Also, the application should be free from grammar and spelling errors.
USIEF Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship – Selection Procedure
The candidate was not required to apply separately for US institutions, this is done by the IE / Fulbright program, which will send its applications to four different institutions. The awardees for the Fulbright Scholarship are selected on the basis of their overall performance in academics, work / experience skills, qualifications, skills and experience in community education. The selection committee also reviews CVs and essays submitted by the student at the time of application.
After careful examination of all these, the candidates are shortlisted and then informed by the USIEF. Timeline and Placement Procedure for Fellowship:
|May 15||Application due for next year|
|Mid-June||Applications are reviewed by the Field-specific experts|
|Mid-August||Short-listed candidates are Interviewed in Delhi|
|End-August||USIEF notifies the principal and alternate nominees for taking tests such as TOEFL & GRE|
|October||USIEF forwards applications for approval and placement|
|March-April (next year)||Finalists are notified|
|May-June (next year)||Training in the USA (Pre-academic)|
|July-August (next year)||Degree program Starts|
Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship – Reward
|Type of Expense||Indicates if scholarship can be used for this type of expense|
|Tuition & Fees||Scholarship amount can be used for this|
|Living Expense||Scholarship amount can be used for this|
|Accommodation||Not covered in scholarship|
|Air Fare/Travel Expenses||Scholarship amount can be used for this|
|Spouse/Child Care||Not covered in scholarship|
|Health Cover||Scholarship amount can be used for this|
|Application||Not covered in scholarship|
|Others||Scholarship amount can be used for this|
The fellowship will provide the following benefits:
- J-1 visa support;
- The round-trip economy class air travel travels from the partner’s home town to the host institution in the US.
- Funding for tuition and fees, living and related costs; And
- Accident and illness coverage according to US government guidelines.
- USIEF funding may not cover all costs and the scholar may need to supplement grant benefits with other resources.
- Fulbright-Nehru Master Fellowships do not provide any financial support for dependents.
USIEF Fulbright Nehru Master‘s Fellowship – Terms and Conditions
- The fellowship does not provide any financial support for dependents.
- After completion of the master’s course or research, candidates are required to return to work in their country.
- The benefit of the fellowship will not be extended to a maximum of 2 years after the completion of the actual study.
- Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship applications are submitted online, unless otherwise stated.
- Candidates can apply for the fellowship only under the Fulbright-Nehru category.
- Any application after the deadline will be ignored.
- Extension / transfer of visa sponsorship is not allowed.
- Plagiarism in the application form will lead to disqualification.
- Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship are specially designed for meritorious Indian students to pursue a master’s degree program at selected U.S. colleges and universities.
We hope that you find all the information presented through the Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowship helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.