OCSI Scholarship is an initiative started 50 years ago for those students who are willing to pursue their higher education from the University of Oxford or the University of Cambridge. This scholarship is offered and conducted by The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India [OCSI]. The aim of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship is to provide financial support to those outstanding students who can’t afford education outside of India.
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India has taken an initiative to further the scholarship. The main objective of this scholarship is to improve the level of education and relief for students suffering from financial constraints. This scholarship is being given to students for 50 years. Through this scholarship, everyone is getting equal opportunities and their level of study is improving. The selected candidates are provided financial benefits and other additional benefits under this scholarship.
Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship – Comprehensive Details
Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship is available for those students who are willing to pursue education at University of Oxford or University of Cambridge but, they lack finances to support their education abroad. The students willing to pursue Graduation, second Graduation, Post-graduation and Research courses are eligible for this scholarship.
- One-year post-graduate courses LLM, like M.Phil., BCL, etc.
- Masters course of various durations like M.Sc., Science, and Engineering that are taught and research-based.
- Second Bachelor’s degree as an Affiliated Student/ Senior Status.
- Bachelor’s degree program.
- Research driving towards a Ph.D. degree.
In this article, we will talk about the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship. What is the selection Procedure for this scholarship? What are the rewards that are offered to selected candidates? What is the application process that one has to follow? The answers to all the questions are given in the article given below.
OCSI Scholarship 2021 – Highlights
|Scheme Name||OCSI Scholarship|
|Launched By||The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India [OCSI]|
|Objective||To provide scholarship to students who are willing to pursue education form abroad.|
|Benefits||Monetary and other additional benefits|
OCSI Scholarship – Last Date
|Last Date of Application||1 May 2021|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
OCSI Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
- Only the students who are citizens of India are eligible for this scholarship.
- The applicant must be living in India.
- The age of applicant should not be more than 30 years on 1st September of the year of application.
- The applicant must have passed Graduation from an India institute if he/she is willing to apply for second Graduation or Post-graduation course.
- The applicant must have passed school from Indian institute if he/she willing to apply for undergraduate course.
- The students who are expected to graduate from college in the same year of application are also eligible.
- The student must have applied for a full-time and regular course from Oxford or Cambridge University.
- The applicant must show a proof of admission in Oxford or Cambridge University before granting of application.
- The applicant must show a proof residing in Oxford or Cambridge University before the funds are released.
- The applicant must have taken admission in the University of Oxford or University of Cambridge through normal admission procedure.
- The candidate must not receive any similar scholarship form any other institute or organization.
- The applicant must not be a close family member of Executive Committee of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India.
Key parameters for evaluation
- The applicants are evaluated on the basis of 3 dimensions 1) Soft skills 2) Hard skills 3) Means.
- Soft skills: Thinking ability, presentation skills, confidence, demeanour, etc.
- Hard Skills: Knowledge, academic records, extra academics, impact on society in general, grip in the field of study, willingness to contribute to India, etc.
- Means: The ability of the applicant to convince concerned authority of their present financial status and why they deserve this scholarship. The applicant must support their claims and arguments with documents and proofs.
OCSI Scholarship – Application Procedure
- The application form for this scholarship are available on the official website of OCSI scholarship in the month of February, every year.
- The applicants must submit the completed application in the Oxford and Cambridge Society office before 15 May 2021.
OCSI Scholarship – Selection Process
- The criteria for selection of applicants are outstanding academic record, evidence of leadership and potential, scholar and university must be a good fit and the student must aim to improve the life of citizens in India.
- The scholarship announcement will be sent to University of Oxford or University of Cambridge, the British Council and designated list of colleges in India by February.
- The applicants who are short-listed for further process will be informed in July and they will be called for an Interview later.
- The OSCI Committee will take the final decision on short-listing and selection of applicants.
- The applicants who are short-listed must attend an interview with OSCI committee member in New Delhi.
- The award will be provided to selected candidates within 2 weeks of interview.
- The short-listed applicants will not be given any travel expense for coming to Delhi for interview.
- The award amount will be sent to respective candidates in month of July.
OCSI Scholarship – Rewards
|University of Cambridge/University of Oxford||OCSI Scholarship worth Rs.3,00,000.|
|St. Hilda’s College/University of Oxford||University of Cambridge (India) Trust||Single scholarship worth Rs.1,00,000.|
|Emmanuel College||Ritika Dhamija.||Single scholarship worth Rs.1,00,000.|
- The selected students are given a financial reward of scholarship.
- The students who receive the OCSI Scholarship 2021 will also receive a letter of support from awarding bodies.
- The candidate will receive complimentary life membership of Oxford and Cambridge Society, India.
- On the basis of the OCSI Scholarship letter, the candidate will also get assistance in education loans from any Indian financial institute, and the loan will get a qualification-status from any leading Indian financial institute automatically.
- The candidate will also receive assistance from OCSI to get reintegration with the Indian professional environment.
- A member of OSCI will support the candidates who received the OSCI scholarship by giving guidance during their stay in Oxford and Cambridge.
Note: At least one of the scholarship is given every year but amount and number of award may vary every year.
If you have any more queries about Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship, then contact on the helplines given below.
- Address: Secretary OCSI, C/O Bharat Kumar, 366, Sector 15-A, NOIDA, 201301
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that you find all the information presented through OCSI Scholarship helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.