The Education Department of Gujarat State has started a Post Matric Scholarship for OBC students Gujarat for the needy and eligible candidates for the Other Backward Classes of Gujarat. Post Matric Scholarship for OBC students Gujarat 2022 is a big opportunity for other backward classes and other backward classes who are not able to afford their education financially. It further provides assistance to the meritorious candidates to develop in their studies. Students must fill out online before the last date of applying. Applicants who apply for this scholarship must belong to the OBC category.
The selection process under Other Backward Classes Scholarship has been decided by the government. Importance is given to poverty. After the declaration of the result, the Education Department of Gujarat will prepare the merit list for the Gujarat Scholarship 2019. Students can go to the official website of the Education Department of Gujarat to check their merit list. The scheme is centrally sponsored and central government. Gives a 100% grant on it. To know more about the Government of India Post Matric Scholarship for Other Backward Classes, Gujarat 2020, read the full article below.
Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students, Gujarat 2022 – Comprehensive Details
Department of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of the applications of those invited in Gujarat for Post Matric Scholarship for Gujarat 2022 from students belonging to Other Backward Classes and studying at postgraduate level for postgraduate level. Its main objective is to empower the students belonging to the backward sections of the society for economic welfare and enable them to support them for the future so that they can improve their economic condition.
Through this article we are used in the Post Matric Scholarship for OBC students, Gujarat, all students are requested to read or understand all the information carefully and take full advantage of it. In this article, we provide complete information about this scholarship. Information includes scholarship purpose, eligibility, award, deadline, application process and more details. Find a brief description of all these details in the table below.
Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students, Gujarat – Highlights
|Scholarship Name||Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students, Gujarat|
|Launched By||State government of Gujarat|
|Objective||To provide scholarship to students.|
- Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students, Gujarat 2021
- Digital Gujarat Scholarship 2021
- MYSY Scholarship 2021
Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students, Gujarat – Last Date
Only eligible students can apply for this scholarship dates are yet to be announced; So, we are providing below investigation dates so that students can get a better idea. Authorities will soon issue a notification so students can bookmark our page for the latest updates.
|Application start date||01st May 2021|
|Application deadline||20th May 2021|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students, Gujarat – Benefits
In this way the scholarship provides financial assistance –
- INR 750 per month for hostelers and INR 350 per month for scholars – for Group A students (BSc, Medical and Engineering courses).
- INR 510 per month for hostelers and INR 335 per month for scholars – for Group B students (diploma courses such as engineering, technical sciences and postgraduate courses).
- INR 400 per month for hostelers and INR 210 per month for scholars – for Group C students (certificates of engineering, medical, technical skills, commerce and postgraduate courses).
- INR 260 per month for hostelers and INR 160 per month for scholars – Group D.
Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students, Gujarat – Eligibility Criteria
For this scholarship, you have to follow some eligibility criteria which we are giving below in this article, read all the eligibility carefully. For this scholarship, the students will have to fulfil certain eligibility which are being given below –
- If the student is domiciled in the state of Gujarat, then he / she is eligible for it.
- Also, if the student has studied post-graduation at post-graduate level, then he can apply for it.
- The most important eligibility is that the student must belong to the OBC category.
- The student must have an annual family income of less than INR 1 lakh from all sources.
Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students, Gujarat – Documents Required
After checking your eligibility, you will also need some documents for its application, which you have to complete, otherwise you can miss out on getting its benefits.
- Self-attested caste certificate.
- Authenticated copy of Aadhaar card.
- First page of bank passbook / cancelled check.
- Receipt of current year course fee.
- Self-attested certificate of previous academic marksheet.
- Year difference of affidavit if any.
- Hostel certificate (Hostel certificate for hostel students only).
- income certificate.
- school leaving Certificate.
- School / college current year bonafide certificate.
- Scholarship Selection Criteria
Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students, Gujarat – Application Procedure
Follow the steps mentioned below to apply for the scholarship.
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of the respective scholarship, where you will have its home page open in front of you.
- On the home page, you have to click on the “Registration” option of the menu bar.
- Now you will see the registration form for this scholarship on your computer screen.
- After this, you have to enter the date of birth, mobile number, email id and password etc.
- Now your registration will be complete, now you have to fill the mandatory details and upload all the related documents.
- At the end, you have to keep a print of it for reference.
- You have to submit a hard copy of it in your college.
- Department of Social Justice & Empowerment, Block No. 5, 8th Floor, Sachivalay, Gandhinagar, Gujarat (India)
- Phone: 91 (079) 23251222, 23251233
We hope that you find all the information presented through Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students, Gujarat helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.
Who is the OBC category?
Other Backward Classes is a collective classified caste who are educationally or socially deprived which are used by the Government of India to classify on this basis. It is one of the many official classifications of the population of India, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Scheduled Castes and Tribes), along with the General Class.
What is OBC Scholarship?
Other Backward Classes Scholarships are a specific type of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes Scholarships which majorly focuses on providing financial assistance to students belonging to Other Backward Classes (OBC).
How have the Other Backward Classes decided?
In order to qualify as a non-creamy layer candidate from another backward class, the annual income of the applicant’s parents must be less than Rs. 8 lakhs. … This means that if the income from sources other than salary and agriculture is more than the income limit, then only the candidates will be considered as creamy layer.